Aboard Noah's Blog

News, information, and chatter about collectible items with animal themes, as well as some facts, figures and fun related to pets and wildlife.

Location: Mentor, Ohio, United States
Noah's Blog Sponsors

Friday, December 02, 2005

Barking Dog Saves Family From Carbon Monoxide Poisoning

WASHINGTON -- D.C. Fire and Emergency Medical Services spokesman Alan Etter said a barking dog woke up a man and woman overnight, possibly saving them carbon monoxide poisoning.

Etter said a car had been left running in a garage of a home in the 4800 block of Glenbrook Road, Northwest, near American University.

And a poodle named "Reilly" wouldn't stop barking and the problem was discovered when the residents went to find out why.

Firefighters were called around 3:20 a.m. and the man and woman were taken to a hospital. Etter said they should be OK.

Carbon monoxide is odorless and tasteless and reportedly kills hundreds of people each year.

Choose from 120 Poodle Gifts


Post a Comment

<< Home